Friday, July 1, 2011

Two years later...

I am off to Japan in five days!   I don't imagine that I will real-time blog, as in while I am actually there, but I do want to have some place to record the trip with both pictures and words, so I figured I would just expand my Italy blog to be more of a travel blog.

Emma (my younger sister) and I leave New Orleans in the evening on July 6th and arrive in Tokyo on July 8 at 4:55 in the morning!   We will stay in Tokyo for four days, visit small towns like Takayama, Nara and Koyasan, then stay in Kyoto for four days.  After Kyoto we will visit Hiroshima and Kurashiki before returning to Tokyo for a few more days and then returning to America on July 23rd.  

To say that I am overwhelmed is an understatement- I have planned this entire trip myself and I know literally NO ONE who has ever been to Japan- so unlike my time in Italy, which many people gave me advice and opinions about.   I am relying on guidebook and internet advice for places to stay, eat, visit, etc.

I read over all of my entries from Italy just now- I am such a lucky, lucky girl.  I wish I could fast forward through the next few years just because I want to start earning my own money so that I can send my parents on a trip- they deserve it after all that they have given me!

Until late July (I imagine!),

Rebekka

No comments:

Post a Comment